KINALLOYS IS AN EXTENSION OF THE KINDIRECT PLATFORM
Kinalloys is an optimisation of the aluminothermic reduction process
KinalloysTM is an optimisation of the aluminothermic reduction process applied to multiple inorganic precursors to produce high value alloy powders and composites starting from metal chlorides. The starting chlorides are reacted under controlled conditions to produce high value end products including superalloys, catalysts (precursors and final) and hard materials such as metal-alumina composites.
Like KindirectTM and KinsilTM , KinalloysTM is a highly modular and scalable technology operating under relatively low processing temperatures and pressures. Examples of products include metal alloy powders for general manufacturing and 3D printing, Raney catalyst precursors (e.g., Raney Nickel), super alloy powders such as Inconel & Monel powders, and refractories such as tungsten and tantalum-based alloys.
- Silicon nano-powder (nanosilicon), silicon nanowires, silicon-carbon composites and metal-coated silicon powders (KinsilTM)
- Metallic surface catalysts (Raney Nickel etc.)
- Metallic pigments for functional (e.g. corrosion / fouling resistance) and aesthetic uses (e.g. metal effect) under D-Block Coating Pty Ltd subsidiary
- Metallic powders (KindirectTM)
- High performance metal alloys and Metal-Alumina composites (KinalloyTM)
- Metal-coated inorganic powders